Saturday, April 28, 2012

First CRS babies

I got home after work yesterday and found two surprises. One was that my Golden Apple snails laid some egges on the tank wall above water where I laid a piece of glass on top, counted about 20-30 eggs.

Secondly, I got some CRS from Ricky on March 29 and found  one berried female two days later. I thought it should be any day now and I was so happy to find one CRS baby (I was looking for one). Didn't have time to try to find more because I had a church small group meeting in the evening. Came home fro church and I could see 4 to 5 in sight, I're sure there are more as even they are right in front of me I can hardly see them if they don't move.

Baby CRS are very different from baby Neos in that they hatched as small miniature CRS with colour, where as Neo babies hatched colourless and won't develop any colour until 10 to 14 days old, and colouration gradually develops.

Anyway... so happy Thanks God for these baby shrimps. There are 3 or 4 berried females in the tank and one or two of them should release in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment