Monday, May 14, 2012

RIP

The last CRS I got from a unnamed source (since source has nothing to do with what's happened) has died yesterday. I got 5 early February.

- the biggest female died 3 weeks after I got them. I was playing with the heater in that 2.5G and I think I killed trying to up the temperature in the winter temperature.
- I started to see them dying slowing one by one in the last month. In a 7.5G tank that has the best water quality, NH3/NO2 are zero all the time, NO3 hasn't gone over 5ppm.
- Last one died yesterday.

As mentioned above, the tank has pretty good water quality. It's a 7.5G with a Fluval 105 adjust to about 50-70GPH connected to UGF with Akadama substrate.

I have about 8 to 9 mischling shrimps (one died after about 2 weeks), a trio of orange neo that never stop breeding, and these CRS from AI.

Lighting is a 13w CFL with a clipped on light, about 10 hr/day. Good amount of java moss and some flame moss, plus some floaters (the only tank I have that has these floater grows nicely).

All seem good while this is the only tank I'm seeing dead shrimp. Over populated? I'm not sure. The orange trio did give birth to somewhere between 30 to 50 baby shrimps. The second drop (both female, about the same time) seem to have very low survival rate, they were dropped at around the same time I started to see dead shrimps. Hope it will be good from now on, fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an example of good shrimps good water don't always add up to good result. There are too many things going on in the water and all most test for are PH/GH/KH/TDS and call that water parameters. The untested stuffs probably play an important factor in the results, and I wish I learn more faster.

    ReplyDelete